Things I learned (or was reminded of) yesterday at SF Pride:
1. Always arrive earlier than you think you need to for public transportation.
2. Cheap feather boas are a bit itchy, and shed a lot.
3. Most people look better with clothing on.
4. It’s generally more fun to be in the parade than watching it.
5. Don’t underestimate the importance of sunscreen.
6. It takes a lot of planning and work to throw an enormous party. Don’t neglect the safety personnel and precautions.
7. Don’t skip the voluntary donation at the gate. See #6.
8. It takes a long time to get anywhere through an enormous crowd. Keep calm and take your time.
9. Big parties can be lots of fun!
10. It takes a while to get all of the feathery bits out of your other clothing after wearing a feather boa.