Auntie Ann Knits

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

#2 Tries Harder!

Our local County Fair ended Sunday, and I won a red ribbon! I won second prize in the "knitted shawl" category.

Ann's Shawl and Christina
Half done, with some help showing what it might look like blocked.

Twinings 1
Blocking.

Blocked & Unblocked
Half blocked. What a difference.

Twinings Stole and me
Moi, modeling my stole

I love this! It's the Twinings stole by Anne Hanson. The yarn is Karabella Lace Merino, a lovely, slightly heavier laceweight yarn. Is that an oxymoron? I used about 3.5 skeins. It blocked beautifully.

I knit it on US 7 Addi Lace needles. Love them.

The pattern is very clear. I made fewer repeats than called for since this is slightly heavier yarn on a needle one size larger than called for. It's plenty long.

There were a lot of knitting entries at our Fair this year, partly owing to Judy flogging us harshly gently encouraging us all to enter our items.

I think a lace binge is coming up. I can feel it. Just having trouble picking out the next item.

Meantime, I'm knitting the Apres Surf Hoodie for DD. No pics yet, though. I'm too busy basking in the glow of my red ribbon.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home