Auntie Ann Knits

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hey, hey, it's the Monkeys!

The Monkees were a fab phenom when I was in 6th grade. Yes, I'm older than dirt. A classmate, still unsure of what to do with her zeal for activism, tried to get a petition going to get the Monkees to come and play at our K-8 school. As if. She soon found better applications for her activist energies, and lived on a Kibbutz in Israel for a while. But I digress.

Purple Monkey beginning

A different kind of Monkey.

I am one of the only living knitters never to have knit a pair of Monkey socks, but that is soon to be rectified. For the picot edge, a technique new to me, I used Claudia's blog post, January One's blog post, and Purlwise's blog post (but without the provisional cast-on), to help me learn this. I think I like it.

I love the Monkey pattern. It's now been memorized, for stress-free Turkey Day knitting while at my Mom's. So that hopefully I won't scream at anybody while there.

I just hope that there will be no Tofurkey. People, I've had Tofurkey. Once was more than enough.

May all of you who celebrate the holiday have a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of the foods and people that you love best.

7 Comments:

  • I haven't made Monkeys yet either. Soon to be rectified, I hope!

    (Blogger won't recognize my login...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:25:00 AM  

  • Ooh, what a pretty color! And of course the knitting is great, too. You better hurry up and finish these or they'll come and take away your "knitter" card.

    By Blogger Liz, at Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:29:00 AM  

  • I love that color. Isn't the picot edge fun?

    Good luck on Thursday. Take some extra pointy needles just in case. ;^)

    By Blogger Cookie, at Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:37:00 AM  

  • Thanks a bunch - now I won't be able to get that song out of my mind (I too, am old as dirt) :-)

    Your monkey sock is gorgeous; I still have not made one.

    I like Cookie's idea about the extra pointy needles; I'd need them if I were spending the day at my mothers ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:59:00 AM  

  • Ann,
    Those socks are gorgeous! I hope they are for you. The color is very pretty, too. I did not see the name of the yarn in the post?
    Oh, and, by the way, I haven't knit Monkey either.

    Ang

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:38:00 AM  

  • Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your monkey socks look fabulous. I will have to try that pattern. I've see it on so many blogs that it just has to be a good pattern...one of these days...

    happy knitting :)
    P.S. I remember the Monkeys from my childhood as well ;)

    By Blogger hakucho, at Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:20:00 PM  

  • Oooh. Great color.

    I'm about your age, I think. :g:

    By Blogger Romi, at Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home