Auntie Ann Knits

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Coriolis Effect

I finished my Coriolis socks (from New Pathways for Sock Knitters, Book One) a little while ago, and have worn them a couple of times, too. I guess it's about time I blogged about them.

Per the pattern, I made these lovely Whirlpool toes:

Coriolis whirlpool toes

I think I still want to do a pair where the toes whirl in opposite directions, but we'll see. Could be too dizzying for me, what with the Coriolis effect, and all.

Finished Coriolis 2

The colors in the yarn don't display the spiral effect to full advantage, but these socks fit very well and are very wearable -- I expect to get a lot of use out of these.

I didn't use any of the very fancy sock bind-offs that Cat Bordhi had in her book, opting instead for a basic 2x2 rib and EZ's sewn bind-off. The spiral does turn into one of the ribs, but unfortunately I don't have a pic of that.

Lisa was done with this yarn and gave it to me while I was in Minneapolis in August. Thanks for the yarn, Lisa!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home