Auntie Ann Knits

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Proud Knitting Scout

I was listening to Cast On tonight and knitting. This combo has to rate as one of my all-time fave pastimes. I was listening to Episode 54, being one behind the most current one.

I had seen and coveted the Cast On Knitting Scout badges, but hadn't yet swiped any. I wasn't sure I had really met very many of the requirements.

Then, during the podcast, Brenda commented that she had seen someone who had earned the “I Will Crush You With My Math Prowess” Badge ("The recipient has applied the principles of higher mathematics to knitting including, but not limited to hyperbolic planes, Fibonacci sequences, Klein bottles, Moebius strips, fractals and Flying Spaghetti Monster hats.") by reverse engineering and knitting a Klein Bottle hat.

Well, heck, I've done that.

And so I hereby proudly award to (ahem) myself the coveted "I will Crush You With My Math Prowess" Knitting Scout Badge:

badge math2

Of course, there is also the Proselytize Knitting badge, a requirement for all Knitting Scouts:

badge talking

("A requirement for all Knitting Scouts, the recipient must do his or her bit to present knitting in a positive light, whilst at the same time avoiding all references to “hipness”, grandmothers, and yoga.")

I think this blog qualifies, myself. Also my attempts (futile, so far) to teach my fellow SnB'ers the joys of sock knitting. Two of them begged me to teach them, then showed up without any of the stuff I told them they would need. Well, maybe next month.

This one, I think, needs no description or explanation.

drinking

Pass the wine, please.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home