Auntie Ann Knits

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's a Mashup!

I am knitting a mashup combining this:
heartcloth
(pattern found here)

and the famous "baby bib o' love" from masondixonthis book by the Mason-Dixon ladies.

It's for my internist, who is becoming a grandmother for the first time this summer. I was going to knit booties, but I thought a bib might have more lasting usefulness. One size fits all, and all that. I still haven't decided if I will do the traditional "Mason-Dixon" style button closure or crank out some i-cord ties (if I can force that dishcloth cotton through the machine). I sense another living-on-the-edge experiment coming on.

2 Comments:

  • What if you pulled the plies apart on the dishcloth cotton, giving yourself a crinkly dk yarn? The thought of this cheap cotton mucking up your pretty I-cord machine kinda scares me. How will you get buttonholes in the I-cord?

    By Blogger Liz, at Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:11:00 AM  

  • Could always do the icords the old fashioned way, with two dpn's. Good idea using the heart pattern with the MD bib. Looks great:)

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home