Auntie Ann Knits

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Picture in your Mind

I have no pics uploaded today, so I am going to ask you to imagine this in your mind's eye --

me, sitting in my home office working away in my jammies (one of the great perks of working at home), wearing the hat I'm knitting for my Dad. Yes, knitting. As in, I've got about 4" of the body done and I was trying to determine if it is so itchy that it will need a lining.

Preliminary determination -- yes, it needs a lining. Fortunately, there are handy directions here. Thanks, Norma!

The hat is an Odessa, sans beads, knit in the same grey yarn that I used for my uncle's Klein bottle hat. I think the yarn is a wool/mohair blend, hence the itchies.

This hat is going quickly, and I am hoping that this weekend I will finish this and also the finishing on the Best Friend bag. Which I blocked in September but have not yet sewn up. Bad knitter.

Once those items are done, all of the knitted Xmas gifts that need shipping will be ready to ship! Yay!

Then it will be time to schedule a free pick-up by the Post Office. I just discovered this service, and my one use of it went great. You do need a postal scale, and to pre-print your postage and label using Click-n-Ship. It sure beats waiting in line at the PO, especially at this time of year.

5 Comments:

  • You lucky dog! Wish I could work from home. By the way, a la Elizabeth Zimmerman, after you finish knitting it, pick up stitches around the edge of the hat with a softer yarn and knit in the round for a few rounds, 2 inches? (Lizzy would knit a whole 'nother hat) Turn it into the inside of the hat and tack it down. That would work...yes, it would...right?

    By Blogger Angela, at Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:53:00 PM  

  • Well I can't wait till you get the pics up so I can compare the ones I have in my head to the real ones. So far sounds like you're right on track!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:57:00 PM  

  • Tag, you're it!

    See my blog for details, and, you're welcome;->

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:03:00 PM  

  • Thanks for the welcome
    Christmas Day falls on December 25. It is preceded by Christmas Eve on December 24, and in some countries is followed by Boxing Day on December 26. Some Eastern Orthodox Churches celebrate Christmas on January 7, which corresponds to December 25 on the Julian calendar. December 25 as a birthdate for Jesus is merely traditional, and is not thought to be his actual date of birth. for attention thank you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, December 25, 2006 4:33:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home