Auntie Ann Knits

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Best Friend Bag

I'm making the Knitty "Best Friend" bag in turqoise DK weight wool yarn for one of my Xmas projects.
bestfriendbagKnitty
I've got the purse frame, the yarn, the beads, the lining fabric and even the thread.
Best Friend Bag
The knitting is a little over 3/4 done, then I will need to block the heck out of it and sew it up. This is a very fun knit, I love how the cabling is coming out. I'm not especially looking forward to all of the finishing bits, though, I have to admit.

And I wonder if it will stay blocked to size? Should I put in some sort of stiffener? The cabling does pull in strongly. I guess I'll have a better idea after blocking it.

2 Comments:

  • cute bag! lucky recipient!

    yup, the addresses work now. theoretically by the time your mom gets to the part with the decreasing, she'll have a lot more confidence. i mean, really, k2tog isn't a whole lot more complicated than a knit stitch. And if you make it big and of wool, she can felt it afterwards and poof! all mistakes invisible!

    I think it's so cool that you're teaching your mom to knit. My mom taught me, but now I'm teaching her about the joy of socks!

    By Blogger Liz, at Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:58:00 PM  

  • The fabric is perfect for the yarn and pattern. Someone will be very happy to receive this!

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home