Auntie Ann Knits

Monday, August 27, 2007

Hello, Minneapolis!

Any guesses as to who I met while in Minneapolis?

license

Readers of the blog that the Rainey Sisters co-author will recognize the screen name of the Minneapolis half of that dynamic duo.

I went to a knit night to meet Susan and some of her knitting buddies, bringing my knitting friends Lisa and Nancy:

me, nancy, lisa
Lisa, Nancy, and me.

Why do I look taller in these pictures than I am in real life? That is a mystery. I am 5'4", and I believe that both Lisa and Nancy are taller.

Adding to that mystery, here is a pic of me with Susan, who is definitely taller than I am:

Susan and me 3

Anyway, we all had a wonderful time, and saw some amazing knits!

Here is Emily's amazing shawl, which I believe is the "Heere be Dragone" shawl, available here.

heere be dragone by Emily

And a fabulous scarf and a cardi-in-progress, by Mary:

cardi by Mary

We went canoing and kayaking in Minneapolis, visited a waterpark and outlet mall in the Wisconsin Dells, and the Mall of America, once back in Minneapolis. Also, a couple of yarn stores in Minneapolis, where I bought Cat Bordhi's new sock book. I love this new book. So many new possibilities for socks! It is also the first sock book I have ever read that discusses negative ease (she doesn't use that term, but the stitch counts for her socks are all reduced 10% from the actual foot measurement so that they will fit better). Having said that, however, I don't find that the measurements by shoe size given in this or any other sock book I have seen bear much resemblance to the actual measurements I get from friends and family.

I promptly took my book to have it wire-bound at Office Depot, but the person behind the counter was neither competent, helpful or friendly, and so I will wait for another day.

Alas, I had to return home before the Minnesota State Fair opened. Time for back to school and everything that entails.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home