Auntie Ann Knits

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sunday Socks

Here's the second Sunday Sock:

finished

What, you don't believe me? Just because I didn't show the other one? If I stuck them both on the scanner it would be a bit crowded and nothing would show, and I was just too lazy to pull out the camera.

I finished the second sock on the plane on the way to Minneapolis (no knitting needles were confiscated, although I had put the sock onto my less-favored-circ, just in case), and promptly cast on for another sock. Which I will try to show you Friday.

The second sock of that pair really might have to wait a bit, because I started a sock from Cat Bordhi's new book. So far, I like the toe (yes, that's as far as I got, wanna make an issue of it?). It's going to be a Coriolis sock when it grows up.

I have decided to give the Sunday Socks to one of my brothers, the one whose feet, happily, are just a bit bigger than mine. I just did not feel like re-knitting the first sock. It's true that I do this for fun, but re-knitting a sock I had already knit does not count for fun, in my book. This puts me at odds with EZ, I guess, who said we should welcome frogging as a chance to do even more of our favorite hobby.

Where does this put me in the process vs. product knitter divide? I guess this is a point for being a product knitter.

ETA -- Dee, since you asked, my favorite Earl Grey is Twinings, loose in the yellow tin. I have been getting my fix at Cost Plus, but they may have stopped carrying it. There was none last time I was in, and no one could help me find any.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • I don't really understand the divide at all, and I have never seen a standard definition or anything.

    The socks look comfy! I'm sure your brother will like them.

    By Blogger Liz, at Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:34:00 AM  

  • I think frogging a cuff or foot is fine and normal. However, I think frogging a whole sock when you could find it a home is sick and wrong.

    Not that I have an opinion or anything. :p

    By Blogger Cookie, at Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:00:00 AM  

  • Beautiful sock. I don't mind frogging a little bit beacause I messed up, but to do it just to reknit again...oh no, not for me ;)

    happy knitting :)

    By Blogger hakucho, at Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:53:00 AM  

  • I'm with Cookie on this one; frogging a perfectly good sock is wrong.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:07:00 PM  

  • Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. The Sunday sock looks good to me - I can't imagine frogging a sock like that - if there is a mistake, I will frog but not an entire good sock. Enjoyed reading your blog & your Waving Lace socks are lovely. Thanks for the link to the sock blocker - will be making one soon.

    By Blogger Ann, at Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:44:00 PM  

  • What is your favorite type of Earl Grey? I am a tea drinker, but Earl Grey and other "flavored" teas are not my cuppa. I prefer Eng. Breakfast, and Darjeeling. As you can tell, I'm in the East Bay. Maybe I can help in your search.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 31, 2007 8:53:00 AM  

  • great sock

    By Blogger KimT, at Friday, August 31, 2007 9:07:00 AM  

  • Glad you found a home for those socks! I think they look fab.

    ANg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 31, 2007 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home