Auntie Ann Knits

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Waving Lace Socks

They're done!

I love these socks.

toe

Eye of Partridge heel, with stitches picked up "the pretty way" (oops, blurry photo, sorry):

heel

Hooray for this great pattern!

2feet3

Notes:

Waving Lace Socks, from "Favorite Socks"
Fleece Artist Merino yarn, "Marine" colorway. This is a very pretty combination of mostly blue, with purple and green (which don't really show in the pix but give it a rich tone).
Knitpicks #1 circs, Magic Loop-style
Eye of Partridge heel, stitches picked up "the pretty way" (thanks, Grumperina!)
"Rescue yarnovers" (thanks, June)!
Toe -- I did NOT go down to 6 stitches per needle before grafting, since that results in elf toes, but to 10 stitches per needle, and per Cat Bordhi, I lift each end stitch over the next stitch on the needle as I go.

These are the socks that Lorri saw me knitting and that inspired her to ask for socks. But for Lorri, I plan to make the Embossed Leaves socks in a nice green variegated colorway. I can't wait!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home