Auntie Ann Knits

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pride 2007

My whole family took part in the 2007 San Francisco Pride Parade last Sunday! My brother and his husband were Grand Marshals! Everyone in both of their immediate families was there in spirit to support them. Most everyone was there physically, also. Lots of cousins, too!

Here I am with my Mom, ready to take part in the Parade! My cousin Wes is here, too.

Ann & Mom


Here's DD with her younger cousin, sitting in as grand marshals while everything gets set up:

Jr Grand Marshals


And here are the Grand Marshals themselves! That's my brother Stuart on the right, his husband John on the left:

Grand Marshals 2

Subtle outfits, huh??

They are two of many grand marshals, actually, but they are the ones who were elected by the community:

Next to car


Here are two other grand marshals:

Carruthers & Espinosa


Lots of others were getting ready:

rainbow wings

Nice knitted scarf, dude!

purple costume


Last minute adjustments to the Marriage Equality float:

Marriage Equality crop


And we're off!

John, Mom, Lin-wan


Here's the grand marshals, with another of my brothers and DD walking alongside:

S & J, Brad, M


Our sign -- there were indeed 4 generations of my family there (but my camera ate my pix of the very youngest generation):

4 generations 2


This was my view for a lot of the parade:

My View

See the giant pink triangle on Twin Peaks, way in the background? They put that up every year for Pride weekend.


The crowds were enormous!

Crowd Rainbow Flag

bus shelter crowd


More interesting costumes:

Chandelier guy

Stilt guys


The TV interview:

Interview 2


And it's all over:

Balloon Magic Green

Balloon Magic - pink


The end:

Pride2007

Labels:

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home