Auntie Ann Knits

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fickle, Fickle Me

I liked these socks when I first finished them. And then I wore them a bit, and rats! they are actually a bit loose on me. Very disappointing, and I blame it on the biased stitches. Or really, on my inability to figure out proper gauge for biased knitting. I washed them and put them through the dryer (quel horreur!). Still too big.

So I gave them to DD, who at age 12 has slightly larger feet than me. (Yes, she's going to be taller than I am, but that's not saying a whole heck of a lot.)

She politely accepted them, but never wore them. Not once.

So I asked for them back, since even if they are a bit loose I still will wear them, and besides these I had only one pair of hand-knitted socks. Most of the socks I have made were Xmas gifts for last year.

Meantime, I had acquired these shoes from REI specifically for the purpose of showing off my hand-knit socks. I was inspired by Chris's Keens, although hers are "Seattles" and mine are "Calistogas".

with Keens

I have to say I love these socks with these shoes.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home