Auntie Ann Knits

Monday, February 12, 2007

Red Scarf

I figured I had better post my one measly red scarf before Valentine's Day. And here it is:
Red Scarf

Thanks to Maia for the pattern!

This was a fun and relatively quick knit. This is also the first "real" scarf (not counting fun fur scarves, which I admit to making and wearing, and moebius scarves, which I suppose are real scarves, too) that I have made since high school, if memory serves.

ETA -- I forgot to put anything in the first post about the Red Scarf Project! What an oversight! Some of you possibly recognized the tag as one that was created especially for that project. I have blogged before about the RSP and why I think it is worthy, although I'm sure others have said it better. Next year the RSP will get more than one red scarf from me, I hope.

5 Comments:

  • Very pretty! Someone is going to be happy :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, February 12, 2007 12:25:00 PM  

  • Looks nice!

    Occasionally, a good scarf can be a great knit. I have a couple in mind that I want to make before next winter rolls around.

    By Blogger Liz, at Monday, February 12, 2007 6:39:00 PM  

  • I would hardly call that 'measley'...it's gorgeous! Nice shade of red, too!

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Monday, February 12, 2007 7:16:00 PM  

  • Love the no-fuss look with strong geometric lines!

    Knitting scarves can get monotonous and arduous, no? That you've finished this on time for the occassion is admirable!! :)

    I chanced upon your flickr slideshow and two knit items caught my attention. The bags (from knitty pattern) with lining are breathtakingly elegant. Makes me want to dress in party gowns just so I can carry one of these! And the bunny sweater is sooo adorable. Can you pleeez let me in on the source of that pattern? Is it an original? I love the humor in it.

    By Blogger Deepa, at Monday, February 12, 2007 10:36:00 PM  

  • Oh and the tag just completes the picture! :)

    By Blogger Deepa, at Monday, February 12, 2007 10:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home