Auntie Ann Knits

Friday, February 09, 2007

Apropos of nothing --

Yet another product I had no idea I needed: Hollywood Coverups .

I stumbled across these while searching for a Socktopus online. Isn't that Soctopus cute? At the moment I have only 1 pair of hand-knit socks myself, but I hope to have more, and of course there are those other unmentionable delicate items. There is an IKEA in the area, but not all that convenient to me.

The "Coverups" remind me of a story from college days. One of my roommates was in the school choir, and one night while they were waiting to go on (wearing formal dress), it was quite chilly. One of the guys looked at her and her friend and said, "can't you put band-aids or something on those?" Naturally, they gave him all kinds of grief, and later presented him with a found plastic toy part shaped something as though it had a nipple, covered with a band-aid.

3 Comments:

  • Those coverups are just too funny!
    I saw the Socktopus too and really want one. There isn't an IKEA near me at all!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 09, 2007 1:25:00 PM  

  • Socktopus looks like a very useful item. But the nipple covers would do me no good. Funny anyway.

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Friday, February 09, 2007 2:11:00 PM  

  • I have one of those, but it never occurred to me to call it a Socktopus.

    In high school my friends in the flag corps wore band-aids because even the back row of the stadium could tell if they were cold in those spandex bodysuits. I think this is just a high-tech version.

    By Blogger Liz, at Friday, February 09, 2007 2:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home