Auntie Ann Knits

Friday, June 29, 2007

Giant Bag Devours Girl! Film at 11!

Oh, no! Can this girl be saved? She is struggling with an enormous knitted bag!!

bag with feet


Whew! She appears to be unharmed by this traumatic experience.

bag with head


My friend Lisa is knitting a Modular Felted Tote, inspired by Susan Rainey's tote.

The pattern is available at The Yarnery in St. Paul: 651-222-5793, and is designed by Theresa Gaffey (who is probably a long-lost relation, or at least I like to think so, since my maiden name is Gaffney).

I'm sure we'd all like to see the bag in its felted state (probably it is less likely to devour her kids now), and perhaps Lisa will send me some pix.

7 Comments:

  • Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    :->

    By Blogger Romi, at Friday, June 29, 2007 11:31:00 AM  

  • Gee, that is a big bag. Hope we can see it felted :)

    By Blogger hakucho, at Saturday, June 30, 2007 1:39:00 PM  

  • I thought that was a blanket at first! I'd love to see it felted; I bet it's gorgeous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:04:00 PM  

  • Child included for scale!

    Have you tried stuffing M in your Ohio Star bag? How much of her gets swallowed?

    By Blogger Liz, at Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:23:00 PM  

  • I'm glad she was able to safely fight her way free of that bag. o.0

    By Blogger Cookie, at Monday, July 02, 2007 8:51:00 AM  

  • It's almost too hilarious to felt! Almost, as it is also gorgeous. Tres chic and all...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, July 06, 2007 7:16:00 PM  

  • I love your Modular Tote -- woo hoo! The colors are great!

    Re: knitting Rogue with a steek. I would not recommend it. There are directions for making Rogue into a cardigan already written up and available on the Girl from Auntie site, which is handy. I know people love cardis (and they are my preference in most cases). That said, I love the Rogue as a pullover because of the beauty of the v-neck and its cabled embellishment in the unbroken form (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/lv2knit/The%20Rainey%20Sisters%201/RogueHoodieFrontDetail.jpg). But if you still want to make it into a cardi, I don't know if it's worth all the extra finishing and knitting.

    By Blogger lv2knit, at Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home