Auntie Ann Knits

Friday, September 22, 2006

Eating my Words (Foot-in-Mouth Disease Outbreak)

I have to take back what I said previously about the "Gentleman's Fancy Sock" and me making no mods. I got to the point in the foot where it said, "foot should measure about 8 inches" and -- it's only 7". It's very odd, cuz the leg portion measures exactly what they say it should.

I'm proposing to do another pattern repeat, and then maybe cut back a bit on the following straight section, since the finished foot length is actually about 1/2" longer than I think I want for my BIL. Here's where my notebook should come in handy.

And forget about starting another first sock -- I think I'd better cast on the second one of these right away, my memory being what it is (notebook and all).

2 Comments:

  • It's always better to cast on for the second sock right away!

    You're allowed to modify patterns. It's knitting. We do it cuz the stuff we make fits us so well. Ensure a good fit by modifying the pattern!

    By Blogger Liz, at Friday, September 22, 2006 4:56:00 PM  

  • I've heard this, too. I always do though I usually take a stab at it every once in a while. You sound like you have things under control.

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Monday, September 25, 2006 4:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home