Auntie Ann Knits

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Who knew?

I took the Linguistic Profile test, and here's what popped up:

Your Linguistic Profile::
50% General American English
20% Upper Midwestern
20% Yankee
5% Dixie
0% Midwestern


You can take this here:
http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofamericanenglishdoyouspeakquiz/

It's a curious result -- as I said below, I was born in Raleigh, but my family promptly moved away, I grew up mostly in Wisconsin, and I went to college in St. Louis, but hung out with all the other upper midwestern/Yankee types there. No idea where that "Dixie" comes from, unless it's to do with the question about drinking fountains (I grew up in the Milwaukee area, where those are universally called "bubblers" -- parents, teachers, everybody). Hmm, and what's the difference between "midwestern" and "upper midwestern", I'd like to know?

Knitting? Oh, yes, here's the travesty ending to my Shedir, cuz everyone wants THIS on the top of their head:

Shedir travesty

It is very true to the name Shedir, though (Google it and see). Fortunately, it was not too hard to re-knit and fix.

And to try to reduce the insect life in our house, we got this screen door for the dog, Ginger:
Ginger going outside

At first she was actually terrified of it, but now as you see she is quite accustomed to it. Seems to work great!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home