Auntie Ann Knits

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Haiku

I am new to this whole blog thing, but I did set up a blog for my SnB group, Eweforia. We came up with that name as a group, and I think it's great. I will put up a link to them in the links section.

I am joining the Sonnet KAL hosted by Ang of Raleigh (my birthplace), and this is the child-size Knitty Haiku that I made for my niece, by the same designer and with the same basic design, although simpler. Sweet, huh? If I do say so myself. The buttons are from JoAnn's and to be honest I did not think I would find anything quite so nice there.

Mods: shoulders done with 3-needle bind-off, sleeves knit in the round in stockinette stitch, and my odd choice of stitch (backstitch) used to attach sleeves, which seems to have worked out, but next time I will try a different technique. Also, my niece is skinny and tall, so I fudged it by using lengths from the larger size and widths from the smaller size. I haven't actually seen it on her (she lives across the continent), so I hope it worked out. This is in worsted weight mercerized cotton from Plymouth ("Fantasy Naturale"), and it was a bit splitty to work with.

For my Sonnet I have KnitPicks Shine Sport, gauge 6 st./in., color Hydrangea. Love that color.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home