Auntie Ann Knits

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Moebius Fibonacci scarf

In response to the many requests (well, one indirect question) here is a pic of one of my Moebius scarves, made more or less from a pattern from Cat Bordhi's book, "A Treasury of Magical Knitting". The stripes do not follow her pattern, but are in a partial Fibonacci sequence (I can HEAR you say, Oh, right, Da Vinci code!), but coming from a long line of geeks I knew about Fibonacci numbers BEFORE Dan Brown brought them to the attention of the world. It's a bit long on my model for this pic, I know, but it's a pretty good length on an adult, and can even be used as a hood/scarf thing. I need to make two more for Xmas, so I'd better get knitting. Love the I-cord bind-off, by the way, this was my first exposure to that technique, and I have become simply mad for i-cord, whether cast-on, built-in, bound-off or otherwise.

2 Comments:

  • Awesome Pic! I get the idea now, and very lovely, too! Thanks for posting this. Love my Cat Bordhi sock book. I'm learning alot!

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:53:00 PM  

  • Ooh, is this scarf...er...necklace? ;) ...a loop? it's beautiful! how cryptic to knit in Fibonacci. Ok yes, because of "The Code". Still..love it (the scarf).

    Oh and thanks for stopping by my page!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home