Auntie Ann Knits

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tagged!

I was “tagged” by the Rainey Sisters. Here are the rules and my random facts!

Rules:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.

2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their 8 random things and post the rules.

3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and post their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight Random Things about Me:

1. In high school, I won the Betty Crocker Award. This was all about the multiple-choice test-taking and nothing about cooking. I'm still no gourmet cook, but my family hasn't starved yet.

2. I used to think I was 5'4". Nothing to brag about, but I need every inch I can get. Years ago DH told me there was no way I was 5'4", more like 5'3" and barely that. I believed him because he has a better vantage point at almost 6'. The other day DD measured me in the doctor's office (to see how close she was to overtaking my towering height). I am indeed 5'4". In fact, 5'4" and 3/16". Don't leave off the 3/16".

3. I once took part in a log-rolling contest. It was one-at-a-time on the log, for time. I did poorly.

4. We just had a bee-swarm-ectomy. Pictures at 11.

5. One summer I went to mountaineering school for 5 weeks, the last 3 or 4 days of which we didn't eat and had to find our way out in teams.

6. I am no good at all at any sport involving a ball. However, I can canoe, bike, rock-climb, kayak, ski (cross-country and downhill) and do yoga. Oh, and knit.

7. DH and I once traveled by bike from New York to St. Louis. It took two weeks. At one point we were nearly arrested for camping illegally near a reservoir.

8. Canada, France, England and Scotland are the only foreign countries I have been to.

I swear this thing keeps growing -- last time I got tagged it was 6 weird things, then recently I saw it was 7 things, now it's 8 random things. So I'm tagging Liz, Deepa, AngelaRae, Erica, Anne, Da Gu Ma, Maia, and Cookie. Y'all can thank me later.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home