Auntie Ann Knits

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Visit with My First Knitting Guru

A little while back I had the chance to spend the afternoon with one of my dearest friends, Lisa, who now happens to live a couple thousand miles away or so -- but we grew up next door to each other in a suburb of Milwaukee, and she taught me to knit, for which I am forever grateful. Here is one of her most recent projects:
hedgie the hedgehog
I think it's very cute, and that is on my "want to knit" list of projects.

Here is Lisa, with my DD, at the SF Ferry Building, and in this photo you can sorta see Lisa's very nice felted bag:
At the ferry bldg

And here they are at the gate to Chinatown:
Chinatown Gate
where we also saw this protestor standing on a stool and loudly proclaiming something or other:
Street Protester

We also ate a ton of dim sum, bought some bangles and beads, ice cream and tea, and generally had a swell time.

Love you, Lisa! It was a great day.
Annie

1 Comments:

  • Wonderful pics and story, Ann:) Thanks for sharing! Your friend seems sweet and your daughter is very pretty, indeed! I head for the beach tomorrow, so spending today getting ready. I'll try to post during the week, but who knows.
    Y'all go with me,
    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Friday, June 30, 2006 6:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home