Auntie Ann Knits

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Actual knitting content right here!

I've been knitting a lot, but obviously I have fallen out of the habit of blogging my knitting. But earlier today I updated our knitting group's blog, and it felt good. Time to update some of my own knitting projects!

I made two helmet liners for the brother of a colleague. I don't support the war, but I still can support our service members.

Helmet Liner 1
Helmet Liner I

Helmet Liner 2
Helmet Liner II

Sorry, I didn’t save I found the ball bands. It is Regia or Opal or something similarPatons Kroy Socks – wool and nylon self-striping yarn, in colors that say “Desert Storm” to me and that Patons calls "Buckthorn Stripes", from Dharma Trading Company.

Each hat took one 50 gram ball of sock yarn. There’s some left over from Helmet Liner I, and none left over from Helmet Liner II.

Helmet Liner I seemed to me to be a little pointy and a little short, so I made a few mods so that Helmet Liner II is a little less pointy and one inch longer. The stripes worked out really well with this pattern, through sheer serendipity.

I heard back from my colleague's brother, who reports that, as I feared, Helmet Liner I is too short, but he says that Helmet Liner II is long enough and fits well under his helmet.

The pattern is Jamie's Helmet Liner, by Robin DeWeese. The pattern was inspired by a striped short-row hat in a heavier weight yarn. You can read what she has to say about her pattern on Ravelry.

I made some stitch markers for a neighbor and friend who has just completed her treatment for breast cancer. We're all keeping our fingers crossed for her.

Lisa's Stitch markers

And I made a set of row-counting stitch markers for a stitch marker swap on Ravelry. I'm not sure I ever blogged my own set of these, but you can see them here and there in various project pictures. I love these and use them all the time.

Pearl stitch markers

Hopefully, more actual knitting content soon. Happy New Year, everyone!

3 Comments:

  • The stitch markers/row counters are quite lovely! And the helmet liner is a great gift to those who fight.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, January 03, 2009 4:49:00 PM  

  • Nice hats!

    I have been soooo out of touch with the world, I had no idea you started updating your blog again. We've had loads going on here and work keeps me from spending as much time on Rav or writing to friends as I wish I could.

    I can't use the speakers on this comp right now, but I'm going to come back soon and see those videos.

    Hope you're doing well! Merry belated Christmas and happy new year!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Sunday, January 04, 2009 9:52:00 PM  

  • Very cool stitchmarkers! I love them! I like having row counters on my project, and NOT on my wrist or table.

    By Blogger Cindy Madden, at Tuesday, January 06, 2009 5:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home