Auntie Ann Knits

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Keith Olbermann on Prop. 8 and a new spinning wheel

I promise, this is still a knitting blog. I have some pictures to post and everything.

At the moment, though, I am still extremely disturbed over the passage of Proposition 8 here in California. I went to one protest last weekend, and intend to go to another this coming weekend. On Nov. 15, there will be coordinated protests across the nation, from California to NYC. If you have any interest, check here.

Keith Olbermann of MSNBC had this to say on the subject of Prop. 8's passage:



The only thing that would have made it better would have been if he had said this before the election. Well, can't have everything.

In other (knitting-related!) news, I won a spinning wheel. The Knitters for Obama group on Ravelry had a contest to promote donations to the campaign, and I won a Louet S51 Double Treadle (DT) Finished Spinning Wheel. Is that awesome, or what? As soon as I figure out how to put it together, I'll be able to take on the challenge of learning to spin.

Just what I need, another hobby! The wheel is quite beautiful, though. DH, the woodworker, admired the lovely maple of the wheel and the workmanship. High praise, coming from him.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home