Auntie Ann Knits

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Red Scarf Project




There's a new blog site this year just for the Red Scarf Project. This charity has caught my interest ever since I first read about it, and I'd like to help spread the word!

The idea is to knit or crochet and donate a red scarf, which will be distributed on Valentine's Day 2007 to kids who have aged out of the foster care system and are in college. When I try to imagine a kid like that, without their own family and perhaps with little or no support from their former foster family or the foster care system, and, despite all that, trying to make their way through college, my heart really goes out to them.

Perhaps, to that student, a scarf would be very tangible evidence that someone was thinking about you and wishing you the best. It seems to me that that might help.

So, grab a button and play along! There are prizes, too. Go here for more buttons (no hotlinking please -- ask me or another blogger if you need instructions) and to find more info. Me, I have a reversible cable scarf in mind. Must. Buy. Yarn.

1 Comments:

  • Think this will be a good after Christmas project (that's provided I am not still knitting gifts in January...don't laugh, it could happen!) I am thinkin of a lace, possible feather & fan scarf.

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home