Auntie Ann Knits

Friday, September 01, 2006

Moebius Scarf the Third

Here's a recent addition to the Xmas stash:
Tan Moebius
It's based on Cat Bordhi's Arrow Lace Pathways scarf from her "Treasury of Magical Knitting", but I made it a bit short (so's the intended recipient) and left off the "fingers" that she uses in the bind-off. This was a very fast and fun knit, using less than one hank of Cascade 220. (I just looked up the yardage, and duh! it's 220 yds.)

Here's a close-up of the stitch pattern:
Moebius arrow

I really like how the stitch pattern came out. I had to pick something a little interesting to knit, since the color (requested by the intended recipient) is, how to say this, re-e-ally boring. I would definitely make this again, in a different color, though.

Anyone need a hank of tan yarn? I have an extra.

4 Comments:

  • Very Pretty! I have to look up that yarn to see how much. I don't like that color much either, but the pattern is nice:)

    Ang

    By Blogger Angela, at Saturday, September 02, 2006 7:41:00 PM  

  • Wow, that's gorgeous! Good for you for using an interesting pattern, the whole thing looks very classy.

    Sensational Knitted Socks is a great resource but after knitting two socks out of it I feel like I don't even need to refer to it anymore. I mean, I would, but I loaned it to my mom and haven't had the heart to steal it back. Fortunately the whole thing makes "sense" to me now, so I feel like I can wing it.

    And yes, if I knit these mittens again they will most definitely be in the round. My first project at the wee age of seven was on DPNS and I have never feared them. I am glad I did these flat though, so I could discover this "seaming" thing everyone is so excited about.

    By Blogger Liz, at Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:34:00 AM  

  • This mobius is beautiful! I love the pattern. Thanks for the invite to your blog from liz's. I'm fascinated by the Klein Bottle hat (and Klein bottles in general - not being very good in math, I'd never heard of them). It seems that the people who are interested in them are very funny! I might give liz her sock book back after I finally finish my first socks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:31:00 AM  

  • another thing: I read down to where you had your mom's little knitting. I taught a girl to knit who had those orphans. She would count stitches at the end of the row and if she had too many she'd just ditch one. We made fun of her for it and told her we could fix it. We meant, next time you do it, holler and we will tell you how to fix it, but don't do that again. We looked over at her a few rows later and she'd done it again. "I thought you said you could fix it!"

    Anyway my somewhat crazy recommendation would be mittens or a hat. That decreases the number of times she could add orphans. IMO knitting in the round is actually easier for a beginner. You just have to try to get her to not start going in the wrong direction.

    By Blogger Liz, at Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home